It’s time!!! Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon is here and the countdown to begin is in approximately one hour. My stack is pictured above. There is still time to sign up so don’t miss out. This year we have a record breaking 900 readers from all over the world. It’s truly amazing to see how far this event has come in our book blogging community. I have been participating in this event since 2010 and helping to co-host since 2012…even if those short years this event has grown to truly unbelievable proportions. In April due to the needs of my family I was both unable to participate or co-host and it was really hard for me. All day it felt like something was missing. It was as if I was missing a family reunion. So let’s get together, read and have a fabulous next 24 hours together. Let’s make each and every page count. Make sure and join me for hours 15, 16 & 17 (10pm-1am EST) as those will be my co-hosting hours and I have some fun stuff in store. Keep in touch & have a great readathon!! Follow me @stiletostrytime And away we go……
Hours Read: 13.25
Pages Read: 615
Books Completed: 1
Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld
The Paradise by Emile Zola
Mini-Challenges Completed: 5
Hours Hosted: 3
Snacks Consumed: Too Guilty to List Them At This Point
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Saint Augustine Beach , FL
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld. And today is feeling like a Zola day so I may throw some Emile Zola in.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Trader Joe’s Cowgirl Bark
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I love fresh flowers, tea and my sweet son more than life itself.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today?
Pace myself and not over-do my eyes before I host tonight. In the past I have tried strained my eyes.
1. What are you reading right now?
Can you believe I am still on my first book? I cannot put down Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld.
2. How many books have you read so far?
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
I have not decided yet but it is between a horror title and a classic re-read.
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Quite a few but I have still managed to stay pretty focused…you know for a Mommy!
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
I am shocked I am staying with one book. This has never happened in 4 years of readathons.