It’s that time again. Dewey’s Read-A-Thon! I am trying to do as much reading as possible although I do have a wedding to go to tonight. Is it rude to read during the ceremony? Just kidding…but I am going to come straight back and once again hit the books! Currently I am loving Zola’s The Ladies’ Paradise. The I have decided to tackle the entire Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris again so that I can be caught up and read my ARC of Dead in the Family with everything nice and fresh. This will also finish my Sookie Stackhouse Challenge! So that is what I plan to for the rest of the Read-A-Thon. Anyone else enjoying some Sookie? Right now I thought I would take a quick break for a mini-challenge from Bart’s Bookshelf! The challenge is to make a phrase or sentence using the titles of 3-4 books. I really just grabbed a few books and put it together in a minute so I can get back to reading! But mine is below…
“Who do you think you are? Wicked Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell? The Queen’s Fool?”
Happy Reading to all the participants!!! Hope everyone got plenty of rest last night. Good Luck!
Also here is my second mini-challenge hosted by Til We Read Again.
And what a fun one…we just need to give our nominees for the following categories…we are all rather opinionated so this should be a cinch!
- Favorite Female Character in a book: Jane Eyre from Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- Favorite Male Character in a book: Mr. Rochester from Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- Favorite Side Kick in a book: Mr. Bingley from Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Favorite Couple in a Book: Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy and Miss. Elizabeth Bennett from Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Favorite Book Series: Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harris(currently)
- Favorite Author: Jane Austen
- Favorite Book Cover: Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld
- Favorite Book of 2009: Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout